The Travian School - S1

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Travian School - S1

The Travian School - A halfway house for new players to learn how to play and enjoy the game . A place to play alongside experianced players and players of the next generation . Once you feel you have benefited enough from the alliance, you are free to mo

How to start a server

james

How to start a server Empty How to start a server

Post  james Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 pm

There are many ways to start a server, some better than others. But whatever way you play, always start right at the start. You will here many people say they will start a few days later to get all the farms, but this is rubbish. There is less competition out there, but there is less everything. You will be handicapping yourself. The biggest limiting factor on travian is time, so never ever waste it. If you start 10 days late, you have missed 1 full week of raiding, for some people that could be 100k in resources. At such an early stage of a server, that is far too much to turn your nose up. So basically, start at the start.

What tribe I hear you ask? At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference. You play with whoever you want to play. While I can have a much better account as teutons, I prefer the challenge of making a top account with gauls or romans. It's up to you.

Whatever tribe you are. Do quests. Always do the quests. Don't be one of those fools who thinks they are all offense and goes straight to troops. If you do that, you will lose out. You will get much more resources if you follow the quests. The programmers in Germany didn't introduce them for their own personal amusement. Use them. And when you do the quests, choose the economic route, you get much more resources.

As for after the quests, that is very much tribe specific, so you'll need to speak to me for a more indepth breakdown Wink

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm